Beef Teriyaki Bento RecipeKatachiware Japanese Style Tableware
Made from scratch this authentic beef teriyaki bento recipe comes together using only 5 ingredients and won’t take hours to create.
The best thing about this beef teriyaki bento recipe is its simplicity. You can find the ingredients at your local Woolworths, Coles or Asian grocery store it’s simple to make, preparation is quick, the final result rewarding and the family will be asking for more.
With tender pieces of seared beef, glazed with sweet and savoury teriyaki sauce you can whip this up in no time and forget about those pre-made sauces.
Beef Teriyaki Bento Ingredients
- 2 beef steaks
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
TIP: A quick sear of the beef on both sides gives it a little colour and the steak will finish cooking while the teriyaki sauce reduces in the same pan.
Beef Teriyaki Cooking Instructions
- Firstly combine brown sugar, mirin, soya saunce and sake in a bowl and stir the ingredients to combine. If your steak is lean rub a teaspoon of cooking oil onto each steak.
- Heat a wok over high heat until the bottom of the pan is hot and add the beef steaks, sear on both sides until browned.
- With the beef still in the pan pour in your teriyaki sauce and let it boil.
- Flip over the steaks repeatedly until the teriyaki sauce has reduced and each steak is in a thick shiny glaze.
- Let the beef steaks rest for a few minutes and transfer to a cutting board and slice with a sharp knife.
- Pour any remaining sauce over the sliced steaks and garnish with chopped spring onion or sesame seeds.
- Let it rest for five minutes and serve.
For more recipes visit our Bento Box Ideas page or if you have a few good recipes to include on our website please email us. Always happy to get your feedback and input on what to include next.