Easy to Make Veggie Dumpling Recipe (Veggie Gyoza)Katachiware Japanese Style Tableware
Veggie Dumpling Recipe | Veggie Gyoza are cooked balls of dough with different vegetable-based fillings. They may be cooked by boiling, steaming, simmering, frying, or baking.
Veggie Gyoza is traditionally known to be small Japanese dumplings that are commonly made by filling wrappers with a mixture of cabbage along with an assortment of vegetables. This Veggie Dumpling Recipe is packed with vegetables, mushrooms, and plant-based proteins along with so many toppings that the whole family will love.
Veggie Dumpling Recipe
In this recipe, we will show you how you can make flavorful Veggie Dumplings and include everything that you need to know including fillings to use, folding process and cooking instructions. All of the ingredients used including the dumpling wrappers can be found at your local supermarket or Asian grocery stores. This recipe only contains 275 calories but is heavy enough for a meal.
- ½ cup/120g chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup/ 60g chopped scallions
- ¼ cup/60g green peas
- ½ cup/ 120g chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp chopped cashews
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Thai basil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 3 dozen dumpling wrappers
- Except for the dumpling wrappers, put all the ingredients in a large noodle bowl and mix well to blend.
- Let this sit for at least 15 minutes to marinate.
- Create the dumplings by putting 2 teaspoons of the filling in the centre of the wrapper, wet the edges fold the dumpling to seal the edges.
- Repeat this procedure, until all the ingredients are consumed.
- Fill a large pan with water and bring to boil. Add the dumplings then add ½ cup of cold water. Cook until the water is boiling again and the dumplings are floating.
- Remove the dumplings and put them on a dry surface to cool down slightly.
- Finally, serve with soy sauce or your favourite Japanese dressing.